Customer Service Specialist
- Location: Virginia Beach, VA
- Position: Full-Time
- Hours: Monday through Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (Friday’s Remote)
As an active duty owned-and-operated company, we’re proud of our country and what it stands for. We pride ourselves on making apparel that is of the highest quality, comfort, and functionality for all athletes. Born Primitive is seeking a Customer Service Specialist who has strong communication skills, relational intelligence and collaborative teamwork ability to give our customers the best experience possible!
The Customer Service Specialist supports brand growth by providing order, product, and service information to Born Primitive customers through email, chat, phone, and review platforms. They help identify key problems customers may be facing and actively work to improve the customer experience. They maintain a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward customers at all times. By helping customers understand our products, the Customer Service Specialist plays an active role in sales by delivering Born Primitive’s culture and brand ethos to all who interact with the company.
Some of Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Maintain thorough knowledge of our brand by fully learning our products and understanding our brand ethos.
- Communicate and assist customers with inquiries concerning orders, service, billing, shipping, returns, product experience, account set-up and website usage through various channels. (i.e., phone calls, social media platforms, emails).
- Help with managing customer review platform on website.
- Assists customers with corrective actions such as, fixing order discrepancies and document such corrective actions in our online systems.
- Maintain a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward customers and co-workers at all times.
- Actively participate in research and provide feedback to the Customer Service Manager to ensure efficiency in the customer service process as well as 100% customer satisfaction.
- Communicate with multiple Born Primitive Departments such as Returns, Shipping & Receiving, & Social Media to optimize each customer contact.
- Review information and analytics from multiple systems and reports daily to implement changes in business operations as needed to meet sales, customer growth and service goals.
(This job description is not intended to provide a complete and comprehensive list of all job duties, requirements and responsibilities. Instead, it is provided as a general overview of the expectations for the position)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of related customer contact/ service industry experience preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a quickly growing and very fast paced work environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines while tasked with multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Ability to formulate professional correspondence.
- Strong computer skills & knowledge of Microsoft office software
- Must be available to work Monday through Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm, as well as occasional Holidays and weekends.
How You Will Be Rewarded:
- Generous Paid Time Off, including Christmas Eve – New Year’s Day
- Sick Time Off
- Remote Work Fridays
- Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Retirement 401K w/ Company Matching
- Clothing Stipend
- Born Primitive Free Gym Membership (once built)