We are hiring a Junior Web Developer
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Position: Junior Web Developer, Full-Time
Hours: Monday through Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Benefits Offered: Yes
As an active duty owned-and-operated company, we’re proud of our country and what it stands for. We pride
ourselves on making apparel that is of the highest quality, comfort, and functionality for all athletes. We
are looking for a skilled web developer who will be assisting in the development and/or design of the Born
Primitive websites. You will be working alongside a team of other developers in creating, maintaining, and
updating our websites.
Some of Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Website and software application designing, building, or maintaining.
- Using scripting or authoring languages, management tools, content creation tools, applications, and digital media.
- Conferring with teams to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Directing or performing Website updates.
- Developing or validating test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Editing, writing, or designing Website content, and directing team members who produce content.
- Maintaining an understanding of the latest Web applications and programming practices through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and groups.
- Back up files from Web sites to local directories for recovery.
- Identifying problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing, and correcting or referring problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Evaluating code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Determining user needs by analyzing technical requirements.
(This job description is not intended to provide a complete and comprehensive list of all job duties, requirements and responsibilities. Instead, it is provided as a general overview of the expectations for the position)
- Bachelor's degree in Web development or related field, or relevant experience.
- Solid knowledge and experience in programming applications.
- Experience with Ruby templating (or Shopify liquid) or similar
- Familiar with GraphQL, and REST APIs
- Familiar with common authentication methods
- Experience with or understanding of SEM VER
- Knowledge of typical client - server setup
- Good understanding of UI/UX
- Experience in E-Commerce
- Dedicated team player.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid ability in both written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of programming language and technical terminology.
- Able to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them.
- High degree of independent judgment.
- Able to think through multiple outcomes of complex problems.
How You Will Be Rewarded:
- Competitive salary and annual discretionary bonus
- Generous Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Leave
- Christmas Eve – New Year’s Day Paid Time Off
- Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Company sponsored retirement plan
- Clothing stipend
- Born Primitive free gym membership (once gym is completed)